Sunday, January 30, 2011

Roderick Kiracofe



'I found photographs' - Roderick Kiracofe. See more here


Hello Ann and Jia Jia,

My friend Jason Hanasik passed along your fascinating call for submissions. I have been thoroughly enjoying the last few posts on iheartphotograph and hope my collection isn't too late.


Best,
Roderick


What do you do?

I am a conceptual artist and collector.

Where did you find these pictures and
why do you keep them?

I found these pictures on Ebay and through private dealers. I just love them. I am constantly fascinated by the untold stories inherently embedded in vernacular images.
My partner had a tradition in his family that he introduced me to at the very beginning of our meeting. The tradition went, one should say the words “rabbit, rabbit” immediately after waking up on the first day of each month. It was meant to bring good luck to you during the coming month. Both of us were also born in the year of the rabbit and I have since found myself fascinated by rabbit images and objects.

This selection of my found photographs mixes that tradition/interest with some of the more sweet and curious images of men that I have also been collecting throughout the years.