Friday, January 28, 2011

Adam Good and Steve Halo


' i found photographs' by Adam Good and Steve Halo. See more of Adam's work here and Steve's work here

Adam, what do you do?

I am an interdisciplinary artist and creative strategist.

Where did you find these pictures and why do you keep them?

I have found these at various thrift and antique shops. Each photo reminds me of a person
I know or have known; I imagine that they are childhood “self-portraits.” I
started this collection because each image reminded me so strongly of my
memory of a particular childhood friend, and I feel the same sense of
nostalgia and loss as I do when looking at actual photographs of my old
friends. I keep collecting them because I am interested in how we create and
project a “self” onto the people who move in and out of our lives, and in
how our memories influence what we see.

Steve, what do you do?

I write, take pics and will do anything to get
by. Right now helping my roomate on stuff for her necktie line.

Where did
you find these pictures and why do you keep them?

I found them in my parents
basement. These pictures are precious to me, as they are my family. My aunt
(in the picture) became a model for Giorgio perfume. She is still pretty
now, and almost 70.