Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Minna Pyyhkala






work by Minna Pyyhkala. see more from Hi Die here.


(top) Roosa Parha and Leevi Jokela, age 9, students, Finland (2004)

DO YOU FEAR DEATH? Mine no, but if for example my mother dies, I would feel sad. DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH? No. Is there such thing? You can't even stay in heaven, you'll drop down! WHAT SCARES YOU MOST ABOUT DEATH? To get inside the dirt, the coffin must be hard to lie in. DO YOU THINK ABOUT DEATH? No, I don't think about it, I usually do things, not think about the future. IF YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW, WHAT DO YOU REGRET NOT DOING? I would regret having not finished my school, and not having a cross-motorbike. I already have a moped. (Leevie Jokela)


(bottom) Sheridan Whitney, age 36, psychic, USA (2005)

DO YOU FEAR DEATH? No I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of the people I love dying and what life would be without them in it. DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH? Yes, I absolutely believe in life after death because I believe in the soul which never dies and is a part of God and divinity. WHAT SCARES YOU MOST ABOUT DEATH? What scares me the most about death is dying painfully. I use to be haunted by Edgar Allen Poe's poem about being buried alive, which is why I want to be cremated. Then there is no room for mistakes! DO YOU THINK ABOUT DEATH? I do think about death because it has been such a part of life. So many people I have known have died and their loss stays in my heart. But I know that death is a part of the cycle of life so I accept it, but it doesn't make it any easier when you are affected by it. IF YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW, WHAT DO YOU REGRET NOT DOING? I would regret not having lived my life with more courage to choose things for myself that I believe in. I have spent so much of it trying to fit in and please other people. Which in the end never pleases anyone.