Saturday, March 26, 2011

Making Time : Jennilee Marigomen





Do you have a day job? What is it?

I work in the art department at a clothing distribution and marketing office.

Do the people you work with know you are a photographer?

Yes! My boss was actually a big part of how I got into photography. We sponsor a lot of music shows, and in exchange for passes, I would take photos for him using a little camera that I borrowed from the office. When I upgraded my equipment, I took photography classes, and I eventually made the shift from event to art photography.  Everyone here has always nurtured my love for photography, and some of my work is hung up in our showroom and printed as wallpaper in our director’s offices. I’m very grateful.

Does the work you do during the day affect your personal work?

A little bit, but not too much.



If you could rearrange your time, what would be the ideal balance between your personal and professional work?

It would be nice to have my mornings free so that I could be taking photos when the sun is out.

Images: Jennilee Marigomen

See also: Happy Accident